North Tech kingpin rebuilding is committed to high quality service and customer satisfaction. Our goal is to ensure a perfect finished product at a good fair price while working around our customers equipment schedules.
Our process was developed, tested and patented in Ontario in 1987. With over 20+ years of success its been saving thousands of dollars in kingpin replacement and downtime. The rebuilding process takes approx. 2 hours depending on wear and condition of the kingpin and can be returned to work immediately after repair is complete. This is done at the customers location or any location where the trailer can be dropped and repaired accurately and safely.
- Special alloy rod used to rebuild the kingpin brings surface to OEM size and hardness without compromising kingpin and bolster plate strength
- Meets and exceeds all DOT, SAE and welding bureau regulations
- Widely used by many transport companies large and small
- Our service starts at $410.00 +HST with approx 2 hrs downtime
- Cost of a kingpin replacement can cost $2000 + with 3 days + of downtime and can lead to bolster plate cracking due to oxidization of new to old metal
- Our process does not change structural properties as our preheat & low penetration level combined with high alloy resurfacing material provide a better than new kingpin resurface
Complimentary kingpin wear evaluation & monitoring to keep your trailer kingpins up to safety standards while protecting 5th wheel and bolster plate against damage and premature wear. Our monitoring system checks kingpin dimensions and abnormal wear characteristics such as upper collar wear compared to main shaft wear providing you with complete knowledge that when tractor trailer is coupled that there is no slop and 5th wheel & kingpin are balanced & mated together with a snug non binding fit.
Our monitoring is achieved with calipers and a thorough inspection of kingpin, bolster plate and even 5th wheel effects on trailer leading to inspection of 5th wheel setting and plate condition. The kingpin gauges that are often used in the shop are not reliable and often indicate pass or no pass while not preventing damage and premature wear leading to costly repairs.
2 year written warranty - workmanship guaranteed